Learn German Easily
Created by Lucas Kern
Days of the week in German
Today I’m going to tell you what one of my students thinks about days of the week in German.
While this is a fun practice lesson, it will help you not only learn the days of the week in German but also strengthen other areas of your German.
All you have to do is listen to the main sentences many times.
A student’s view of the weekdays in German.
If you are doing this kind of lesson for the first time, please click here to open the instructions.
How to learn German with this kind of lesson effectively:
1. Read the text in German and English.
2. Read silently and listen to my voice at the same time.
3. Read the German version along with me and/or repeat after me (pause after every sentence or phrase and then repeat after me)
– do this many times until you feel comfortable
– try to imitate my voice
– it puts your mouth through the exercise of saying the words in decent German pronunciation
– it puts the German right into your head
– the more you repeat the more familiar it gets
The weekdays in German
|Möge dein Kaffee stark sein und dein Montag kurz.||May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short.|
|Dienstag ist nur Montags hässlicher Bruder.||Tuesday is just Monday’s ugly brother.|
Ein wenig besser, aber immer noch nicht Samstag.
A little better but still not Saturday.
|Es ist Donnerstag. Ich kann das Wochenende von hier schon riechen.||It’s Thursday. I can smell the weekend from here.|
|Warum ist Montag so weit weg vom Freitag, aber Freitag so nah am Montag?||Why is Monday so far from Friday but Friday so close to Monday?|
(in some areas also “Sonnabend”)
|Mein Samstag lief ziemlich gut, bis ich merkte, dass es Sonntag war.||My Saturday was going pretty well until I realized it was Sunday.|
|Ich brauche wirklich einen Tag zwischen Samstag und Sonntag.||I really need a day between Saturday and Sunday.|
Möge dein Kaffee stark sein und dein Montag kurz.
May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short.
Dienstag ist nur Montags hässlicher Bruder.
Tuesday is just Monday’s ugly brother.
Mittwoch! Ein wenig besser, aber immer noch nicht Samstag.
Wednesday! A little better but still not Saturday.
Es ist Donnerstag. Ich kann das Wochenende von hier schon riechen.
It’s Thursday. I can smell the weekend from here.
Warum ist Montag so weit weg vom Freitag, aber Freitag so nah am Montag?
Why is Monday so far from Friday but Friday so close to Monday?
Mein Samstag lief ziemlich gut, bis ich merkte, dass es Sonntag war.
My Saturday was going pretty well until I realized it was Sunday.
(in some areas also “Sonnabend”)
Ich brauche wirklich einen Tag zwischen Samstag und Sonntag.
I really need a day between Saturday and Sunday.
Don't stop now! - Listen to the days of the week in German one more time!
Go back up and practice again.
Check the translation until you understand the German sentences just by listening.
Here is more for you
Still having problems with pronunciation?
Then listen to the pronunciation of the individual German letters here.
You should also repeat these lessons:
- He in German and other personal pronouns
- Colors in German
- ‘Hello, my name is…’ in German
- How to conjugate to be in German
- How to use the verb LIKE in German
- Easy German words
- “is” in German (irregular verb)
- Articles in German (der, die, das)
- Similar words English German
And here are some blog articles that might interest you
- How to learn German fast
- Really long words in German to impress your friends
- Castles in Germany – from Neuschwanstein (Cinderella’s) to Frankenstein’s Castle
Success rate after 6-8 months
Years in the business
Share the knowledge …
… with your friends and classmates.
Use the social media buttons! 👍