Learn German Easily
German Plural Article
This time I have good news. The German plural article stays always the same. As you already know, we have three main articles in German: der (masculine), die (feminine) and das (neuter).
If we use a noun in the plural form, we always use the same article: die.
Well, at least in the nominative case, but please don’t worry too much about the German cases at this point.
Always step by step – always. Today let’s focus on the main article in the plural form.
German Plural Article – Exercise A
How to learn with part A of the exercise
- Have a look at the picture.
- Read and listen a few times.
- Repeat after the speaker.
- Make sure that you imitate the pronunciation of the speaker.
- After a few repetitions go on to part B (farther below).
Tip: Always try to imagine the situations in your mind; it will help you to remember the words!
|Einzahl / Singular||Mehrzahl / Plural|
|der Mann||die Männer|
|Der Mann liest.||Die Männer lesen.|
|die Frau||die Frauen|
|Die Frau isst.||Die Frauen essen.|
|der Junge||die Jungen|
|Der Junge trinkt.||Die Jungen trinken.|
|das Mädchen||die Mädchen|
|Das Mädchen schreibt.||Die Mädchen schreiben.|
German Plural Article – Exercise B
How to learn with part B of the exercise
Question and Answer Part:
- Read and listen a few times to the questions and answers.
- Answer the questions in the pauses (you may look also at the answers).
- After a few times don’t look at the answers anymore.
- Make sure that you imitate the pronunciation of my voice.
- Repeat the lesson until you can answer the questions easily.
Question and Answer Part
Was machen (do, make) die Männer?
Die Männer lesen.
Was machen die Frauen?
Die Frauen essen.
Was machen die Jungen – spielen oder trinken?
Die Jungen trinken.
Was machen die Mädchen – spielen?
Nein, nicht spielen.
Die Mädchen schreiben.
Aber (but) was macht das Mädchen?
Das Mädchen schreibt.
Das Mädchen schreibt. (Just one girl)
Die Mädchen schreiben. (More than one girl)
Don’t get confused by the grammar! It is really just a matter of repetition.
There are two ways to learn grammar like this:
- Repeat my basic lessons until you understand it
- Practice with my TPRS audio stories (my main packages) and develop a natural feeling for the correct grammar.
Don't stop now - repeat this part again!
Repeat this lesson until you can easily answer the questions.
Don’t learn grammar rules by heart!
It is much better to develop a natural feeling for the correct grammar! If you sign up to my email course I will show you how.
Success rate after 6-8 months
Years in the business
Share the knowledge …
… with your friends and classmates!
Use the social media buttons! 👍