Learn German Easily
Created by Lucas Kern
Take your German to the next level
A complete German course in the form of a video series (Netflix style)
Level A1, A2 or B1
online + self-paced + lifetime access
Black Week Deal
Use the coupon:
Anja has partnered up with some of the most popular German content creators to give you a super fun video series.
German Course Agenda
Here’s what you’ll discover in each season/level
While the materials are released for each level over 10 weeks, you don’t have to complete all the lessons within that time!
The course is self-paced and you get lifetime access, so you can take as much time as you need to finish it.
Click to view the A1 curriculum
Week 1: In the Plane & at the Airport ✈️
- How to introduce yourself & how to say goodbye
- Important sentences for German beginners
- The German alphabet and numbers
- Learn how to ask questions and give answers in German
Week 2: In the Taxi & Hotel 🚕 🏨
- When and how to be formal or informal in Germany
- How to pay in Germany
- The German umlauts Ä, Ö, Ü
- Important hotel words
- Learn the German possessive articles (“mein”, “dein”, “ihr”)
Week 3: At the Market & Coffee Shop 🛍️ ☕
- The most important vegetables and fruits
- How to negotiate and talk about prices
- How to ask and talk about jobs
- How to introduce someone
- Learn how to use the German Plural
Week 4: At the Train Station & In the City 🚉 🌇
- How to ask for & give directions
- The different modes of transportation
- Buying tickets
- Talking about sights
- Learn how to use separable verbs
Week 5: In the Restaurant 🍝
- Reading German menus
- How to order in a restaurant
- How to express favor
- How to make appointments
- Learn about the position of the verb in German sentences
+ 1st milestone exam 🏁
Week 6: In the Apartment & Living Room 🛋️
- Talking about family & family status
- Describing and comparing people
- The numbers 100 to infinity
- Learn how to negate & intensify German adjectives
Week 7: In the Supermarket 🛒
- Everything you need to know about German breakfast
- Important kitchen words
- Talking about groceries, quantities & packages
- How to express tastes and preferences
- Learn how to give commands and instructions in German (imperative)
Week 8: In the German Course
- How to tell a story
- How to give personal information
- Common German interjections
- How to use ordinal numbers
- Learn how to create German past tenses
Week 9: In the Park 🏠 🌳
- Writing emails & letters in German
- Using time indications correctly
- Writing an invitation
- Talking about hobbies and free time
- Learn how to connect sentences with “und”, “aber” & “denn”
Week 10: In the Clothes Store 👚
- Talking about clothes
- Understanding weather forecasts
- Planning a party
- Talking about different rules
- Learn how to use the German dative case
+ Final A1 exam 🏁
Click to view the A2 curriculum
Week 1: At the neighbor 🚪
- How to ask & talk about family & relationships
- Ways to respond to invitations
- Overview of the German perfect tense
- Learn how to master the two-way prepositions
Week 2: On a Date 🍸
- How to give compliments in German
- Master German small talk
- How to describe people
- Understand “Denglisch”, a mix of German & English
- Learn the difference between “das” & “dass”
Week 3: In the Government Building 🏛️
- Understand the language of the authorities
- How to understand words in forms & documents
- German conjunctions like “aber” & “denn”
- Learn how to use the local prepositions “in”, “zu”, “bei”, “aus” & “von”
Week 4: At Home 🏠
- Talking about movies (genres)
- Learn how to make suggestions with “können”
- Get to know the most popular German dishes
- Learn how to read recipes
- The most important verbs about money
Week 5: At the Concert 🎸
- Talking about music
- How to schedule appointments
- How to call a German customer service
- How to describe problems on the phone
- Learn everything about German temporal prepositions like “vor”, “nach” & “in”
+ 1st milestone exam 🏁
Week 6: In the Hospital 🏥
- Important hospital words
- Talking about the body and pain levels
- How to express concerns
- Learn how to use local prepositions like “an…vorbei” or “gegenüber”
Week 7: Sport at Home 🏋️
- Talking about sports & exercise
- How to doubt or reject something
- Talking about Traveling & Flying
- How to form “dass” sentences without “dass”
- Learn how to use reflexive pronouns
Week 8: At the Flea Market 👕
- How to negotiate prices in German
- Important flea market words
- Talking about jewelry
- Get to know the German adjective endings
Week 9: In the Beer Garden 🍺
- How to express wishes / desires with “hätte gern” & “würde gern”
- Talking about the job
- How to book an accomodation
- How to rent a car
- Get to know cardinal directions
Week 10: In the Bank 🏦
- Get to know important terms in a bank and for opening an account
- How to indicate account details
- Get to know exceptional colors
- How to use the local prepositions “durch”, “entlang”, “gegen”, “um” & “über”
+ Final A2 exam 🏁
Click to view the B1 curriculum
Week 1: In the Bank 🏦
- Learn about verbs with prepositions
- Talking colloquially in German
- How to use infinitive constructions with “zu”
- Learn when to use “als” and when to use “wenn”
Week 2: In the Living Room 📺
- Learn about the German simple past
- Talking about TV and the news
- How to apply for a job
- Writing a CV in German
- How to form the subjunctive II
Week 3: On the Autobahn 🚙
- Important vocabulary about traveling
- Learn more about Germany and its federal states
- How to make sentences with “um…zu” and “damit”
- Understand the n-declension
- Get to know relative clauses in the Nominative and Accusative case
Week 4: In the Vacation Apartment 🧳
- How to swear in German
- Learn important phrases to complain
- How to use passive voice
- Get to know the Genitive prepositions “während”, “wegen” and “trotz”
- Learn more about the peculiar particle “doch”
Week 5: In the Mountains & In the Brewery ⛰️🍺
- Learn important words about love and heartache
- How to express fear in German
- How to use adjectives as nouns
- Get to know relative clauses in the Dative case
- Learn about the indefinite pronouns “etwas”, “nichts”, “jemand”, “niemand”
+ 1st milestone exam 🏁
Week 6: At the University & In the Language School 🎓🌐
- Learn important vocabulary about studying and university
- What to say in a job interview
- How to make sentences with the impersonal passive voice with “es”
- Learn about temporal clauses with “während”, “bevor” and “seitdem”
Week 7: On the Street & In the Gym 🛣️🏋️♀️
- Learn more about the history of Germany
- Understand the difference between “machen” and “tun”
- Important words about the gym and the body
- How to form and when to use the past perfect (Plusquamperfekt)
Week 8: In the Museum & In the Pharmacy 🖼️💊
- Important vocabulary about art
- Describing a picture/painting
- Learn more about the Genitive case
- How to use the double conjunctions “zwar… aber” and “weder… noch”
Week 9: In the Kitchen & In the Living Room 👩🍳🛋️
- Talking about babies
- How to use the subjunctive II in the past tense
- Learn more about unreal comparative clauses with “als ob”
- Learn how to form relative clauses with prepositions
Week 10: On the Christmas Market & At Home🎄🤶 🏦
- Learn important words about Christmas
- How to use the relative clauses with “was” and “wo”
- Get to know verbs with infinitive without “zu” and how to use them
- Learn more about the verb “lassen”
+ Final B1 exam 🏁
“The course it so complete that my cousin that studied primary and high school in the German college of Mexico city, told me that I have learned in four months all he learned in his first five years in school.”
~ Jorge D.
“You really helped me to remember a lot of things and start being confident again by using German. The structure of the lessons, the chunks and the flashcard made learning German easier and I really enjoyed the experience”
~ Stella E.
“The dialogs are unbelievable! The characters are very well done. The story is interesting and engaging. The technology and materials are easy to follow. I can’t say enough good things:)”
~ Max H.
Here’s everything you’ll get in the German Video Course
60 video lessons in each level
- 20 units (60 videos) in each level cover all foundational grammar.
- You get lifetime access (meaning you can continue to access them even after the challenge ends).
- And you can download and/or print out the material if you prefer to learn with paper material or listen to the dialogues in your car.
- Real-life conversations from native speakers in video form: Watch, learn and have fun!
- All videos come with subtitles in “German” and in “German-English”.
- You can also adjust the speed of each video.
- Downloadable audios by native speakers so you can practice your listening skills and learn on the go.
- An extra downloadable pdf transcript with a parallel translation in English so you don’t need to use a dictionary.
- The most important chunks (useful phrases) are highlighted in the pdf transcript.
- This way you don’t have to search for them yourself!
- Grammar explanations with each lesson. All the foundational grammar topics are covered.
- Grammar, Vocabulary Chunk Exercises for each lesson. Finally master German grammar!
Exercises and Corrections
Writing Exercises + Feedback!
At the end of each lesson, there are writing exercises so you can activate your writing skills, too.
And the best part? Tutors will make corrections and give you feedback.
Try to answer the questions in our speaking practice videos and activate what you’ve learned!
Lifetime access to our German Q&A Community
In addition to lifetime access to the materials, you also get lifetime access to our Community with other German language learners and teachers.
After all, you might have questions about these lessons in the future as well!
It can be very motivating to be in a community with other students.
You’re not in this alone, and it’s fun to share photos, videos, resources, memes and have a place to go to.
- Flashcard decks for each dialog.
- These flashcards contain the relevant chunks in their sentence context and contain native-speaker audio.
- Available to practice anywhere in a special app for your:
- The SPACED REPETITION SYSTEM (SRS*) is used in the Flashcards.
*SRS is a learning system that helps people memorize vocabulary in the most efficient way possible. It relies on a principle called “spaced repetition”, which is when you review new information repeatedly with a time interval in between. This allows us to learn quickly and efficiently.
There are even more exercises in form of interactive quizzes.
Review and Certificate of Completion!
When you complete all units, you will receive a Certificate of Completion! (You don’t have to complete everything within 10 weeks to get the certificate… anytime is fine.)
(Disclaimer: this is not an official CEFR certificate validated by German authorities. It’s a certificate to show that you have successfully completed the course).
During the review session, you will look back at what you have accomplished and check if the following things have happened:
- Your listening comprehension will have improved so that you will understand native speakers.
- You will have learned a lot of vocabulary and chunks that you can use immediately in sentences.
- You will have the chunks imprinted in your brain and they will roll off your tongue easily in conversations. No more clumsiness, no more guessing!
- You will have added a new “German dimension” to your life.
- You’ll have created some really solid language learning habits!
- 10 weeks of consistent learning, immersion, studying with flashcards, listening and binge-watching our videos will have a transformative effect on you.
Learning a language is not a linear process.
Sometimes you feel like you’re improving a lot, then one bad experience can make you feel like you’re not getting anywhere.
The trick is not to let this discourage you. If you stick with the program, you WILL make tremendous progress.
In the challenge, you will have access to a community of other challenge participants, Anja and other German teachers who will answer your questions.
You will also get support from a group of other passionate German learners, who are more or less at the same level, who have the same interests, who go through the same struggles and victories as you do.
This way you keep yourself on track and accountable and you stick with it during the 10 weeks.
Season 1, 2 and 3
Click the play button and watch the trailer.
It’s a complete program with lots of exercises and real German teachers who will answer all your questions – all this with life time access.
That alone is priceless because you won’t find such a complete program anywhere else.
Because certain topics always cause problems for students, the following bonuses are provided free of charge.
– Total value 280 EUR –
BONUS #1 – Sentence Structure Masterclass (€50)
Upon enrolling in the challenge, you will get the recording a masterclass that’ll show you all the ins and outs of German Sentence structure. This Masterclass was previously sold as a standalone product for €50, but as a challenge participant, you get complimentary access to the Masterclass.
BONUS #2 – Articles Masterclass (€50)
Are the German articles driving you insane? Don’t worry! You will learn 7 different strategies for remembering the genders of German nouns (der, die, das). Plus, you will get a quiz after each strategy to find out which of the 7 strategies suits you best.
BONUS #3 – 4 German Cases Masterclass (€50)
Most German learners struggle to understand the 4 German Cases. In this masterclass, you will get an overview of the German Cases and their usage (with exercises!).
BONUS #4 – Pronunciation Masterclass (€50)
In the Pronunciation Masterclass you will learn:
- How to pronounce difficult German sounds like “ch”, the “r” and “au/ei/ie” etc.
- Getting the German accent right
- How to improve your pronunciation every day from your home
BONUS #5 – Modal Particles Masterclass (€50)
Most German words can be translated into English without a problem, but modal particles are a challenge because there is no real equivalent for them in English. In this masterclass, you will get an overview of the German articles and their usage (with exercises!).
BONUS #6 – A copy of all Anja’s eBooks! (€30)
You’ll get a digital book package with all of Anja’s Books:
- Power-Deutsch mit Anja – Eine Reise durch mein Leben
- The 55 Best German Idioms and the 20 Funniest Word Creations
30-Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee
In cooperation with this
All-Star Team of German Content Creators
This is probably the biggest collaboration of German teachers ever!
Here’s an overview of everybody who plays a role in this series:
Who do you recognize in the picture?
Let’s be honest, German grammar can be a real killer ☠️
Wie traurig – How sad 😞 You’ve learned some German and you finally get the chance to talk to a native German speaker.
Now it’s time to make a good impression. So you gather your courage, open your mouth and…. NOTHING comes out.
I mean, complete silence. You just get stuck with some crazy verb conjugation or a German case that doesn’t seem to make any sense at all.
It almost feels like you’re trying to solve some impossible mathematical equation.
That’s a pity because you know that speaking German fluently could change your life, right?
What if you could speak German?
Imagine that in 10 weeks from now, less than 3 months, you will have learned so much German that you can:
- Go to Germany, step off the plane ✈️ or the train 🚋…
- and you can converse comfortably with Germans in most of the situations you end up in that day.
- You ask for directions to a local “Berliner” 🙋♀️
- You buy train tickets, all in German
- You arrive at your new apartment 🏠, introduce yourself 💁🏽, and instantly make new friends 👬.
- You go grocery shopping 🥨.
In all these situations, you can hold your ground in a real-life conversation in German.
Not without mistakes, of course.
But you know what to expect and what to say, and you understand what others are saying to you.
You can focus on exploring a new country, making friends, and having actual conversations with them, instead of constantly worrying about grammar.
You won’t feel clumsy and you won’t have to translate in your head anymore.
Imagine being able to achieve all this without boring text books and having to learn lots of grammar rules by heart?
Wouldn’t that be cool?
Well, it’s possible, here’s how:
The 4M-Formula in our German Academy… what you need to become fluent in German:
With this system, you WILL speak German!
How do we know?
Because we’ve had thousands of students learn German with us in the past few years.
Here is what Jen says, for example:
Join the German Online Academy 2.0!
Anja has partnered up with some of the most popular German content creators to give you a super fun video series. It’s perfect for German language learners like you.
Over the course of 10 weeks you’ll learn everything you need to reach your next level in German.
How does the program work?
Stop wasting hours wondering what you should do next to improve your German. Instead learn with real-life conversations…
Here is our concept:
✅ You follow a step-by-step online study program with multiple weekly lessons (all tied together as an entertaining story).
✅ At the same time, you also learn all the foundations of German grammar that you need to start holding native-sounding conversations.
✅ In 10 weeks you wrap up the challenge. You will now be able to use your new German skills in conversations with native speakers.
Who is this for?
For beginners & upper beginners?
The challenge is perfect for beginners and intermediates who want to improve their German and take it to the next level. You get all the dialogues you need to have a conversation in German + grammar explanations and exercises for whatever level you choose.
For advanced students?
If you are at an advanced level, you can choose the B1 course.
However, if you have never learned with chunks before and want to brush up on all your basics (there’s TONS of content in here) we suggest that you choose A1 or A2. In the past, there were many students go from B1 back to A2 or even A1 beginner dialogues to learn the chunks from the more “foundational” situations covered in this course.
For very advanced students?
If you are at a very advanced level (C2) already, then the learning materials are probably too easy for you.
Black Week Deal
Get 150 EUR off the regular price with the coupon:
Note: In case you what to buy more than one level you can do this in the upsell process and save even more.
After buying the first level, you can buy another level at 52% discount or two more levels at 58% discount.
One time paymentBLACK WEEK DEAL
Buy one LEVEL (one time payment)
EUR 347 197
- You can choose between A1, A2 or B1 after enrolling.
- ✔ 60 video lessons in each level
- ✔ Lifetime access to all learning materials
- ✔ Lifetime access to community and Q&A Forum
- ✔ Transcript with translation in English
- ✔ Flashcard decks
- ✔ Writing exercises
- ✔ Corrections and feedback from our tutors
- ✔ Speaking exercises
- ✔ Interactive quizzes
- ✔ Certificate of Completion
- ✔ All bonuses mentioned above
- Save 150 EUR with the coupon code: LUCAS150
- Please enter the coupon code in the box on the checkout page.
- Note: In case you what to buy more than one level you can do this in the upsell process and save even more.
- After buying the first level, you can buy another level at 52% discount or two more levels at 58% discount in the upsell process.
- In the upsell process you do not need to enter a code.